The score of the Trio in G minor, Op. 8 published here is the only extant autograph manuscript of this work, held in the Fryderyk Chopin Museum in Warsaw. Chopin completed this composition at the beginning of 1829 and dedicated it to Prince Antoni Radziwiłł. This manuscript was not used as the basis for the work’s original publication. The opening stands out for its fine calligraphic notation and more numerous performance markings, but the calligraphy worsens as the movement progresses. In the Adagio and the finale, the notation again becomes legible and meticulous. This facsimile edition of the whole autograph manuscript of the Trio in G minor, Op. 8 is the first edition of its type. The appended source commentary was written by Professor Irena Poniatowska.
Author of commentary: Irena Poniatowska